Where do you Begin to Make Money from Writing?

Where do You Begin to make  money from writing?

Day One.....

Things to do today...... hmm well starting a blog wasn't at the top of the list, in fact it wasn't even on the list at all. I've always wanted to be a writer and "they" say that it's possible to earn money from writing on the internet these days so I am setting out on a project to find out if "they" are right.
Where does one begin?
Google it, they say. (there "they" are again).
1. Start a blog. Ok. So what exactly is a blog? How do I start one? So far as I can see it's dumping your wittering on onto some poor unsuspecting public. But where will these "public" come from? And why would they be interested in my blog? I've so much to learn!
Well I've decided to make a real effort over the next three months to make some money out of writing. After three months is up I will either have proved or disproved what "they" say. Anyone can make money from writing. I have elected to go with the positive approach and go forth with the utmost optimism. Of course its possible to earn money from my writing, indeed it will be easy.

Setting up a blog was, in fact, very easy - an idiot could do it - no really! Just go to www.blogger.com and set up an account - Don't worry it's free. (Update - With hindsight, setting up a blog did prove a useful asset in my quest to make money by writing. Think of it as your personal website. A place to put links to all your work, past, present and future. It is your trading post. A place to advertise yourself and your wares all in the same place. I started with blogger.com and I am still with them. I thoroughly reccomend them if you want somewhere free to site your blog/website.)

I'm going to begin by looking into the possibility of earning cash from associated ads. That is to say, writing articles to be published on websites which run associated ads alongside the articles, paying the author a commission for any sales generated. For example if I write about cats can I help someone somewhere sell cat food? Any other would be writers out there, or even successfull ones for that matter, who can offer any pearls of wisdom on how to improve my chances of making money on the internet from writing please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment